Monday, May 30, 2011

The Journey Begins

This is more or less a pointless entry... I just wanted to test out uploading pictures on this rinkydink computer.  It's SOOO slow!  But hopefully it will get the job done.

Anyways, I said all my goodbyes yesterday, and loaded up on pizza and icecream, since I know I probably won't be getting any for a while.  I can't help but think that I'm forgetting to pack certain items.  Plus there was a bit of panic this past week when I realized I had misplaced my yellow fever certificate.  There is NO way I'm willing to have to get any more vaccinations, especially ones I had already gotten. GROSS!  But then I found it - phew!  More panic set in when I misinterpreted my visa and thought that it had the wrong dates...That would be a disaster!!  I can't wait to just get there and get settled in, and not have to worry about all this preparation. 

One more day in Montreal, and then Amy and I head out for a nice long flight.  Something like 27 hours of travel time... I hope Amy's prepared for some quality Maria time, and an endless game of I-Spy: Airport Edition.

Okay now here's the real test...photo time.  Let's see how computer-savy I am.

Wooo!  Congratulations, my very small audience!  This blog will not be completely devoid of pictures!  Huzzah!

Yep, that's 33 pounds on my back and a whole duffel bag full of legos (thanks to the lovely Brenan family).  Plus another backpack hiding in my other hand.  By the time I arrive in Nairobi, I'll have muscles on my muscles from lugging all this junk around.  Oh, and did I mention the ridiculously large bag full of Swedish Fish and Sour Patch Kids hidden in there somewhere?  Yup.  Africa, here I come.

3 comments: