Tuesday, July 19, 2011

sawa sawa [okay okay]

Ahhhhhh!  Only ten more days in Africa!!!  I can't believe how quickly July has flown by!!  This next week is so busy with all the volunteers trying to get things in order before leaving.  Sadly, all five of us are leaving on the same day... Oh, have I mentioned there are five of us now? heh whoops.  It was SO exciting when the other two girls from McGill came.  Want to know why?  THEY BROUGHT NUTELLA!!!  The jar only lasted 5 days, but boy oh boy, it was a great 5 days.

Our schedule is as follows:  garden, school, garden, school, meeting, school, garden, school, meeting, meeting, meeting, school kjfal;kdjfkjgkls;kjg!  Busybusybusy!  Don't you worry though kiddies, I'm going to fit in some time for fun things too!  Liiiike on Saturday, our gardening club (now titled "Tumaini Green Revolution Gardening Club...yeah, TGRGC rolls right off the tongue, eh?) is going to Farmer Ali's house for a soybean workshop, where we were promised that we would learn how to make our own yogurt!  And Sunday, I'm going to church with Rose!  Five hours of loud and proud worship!  Hallelujah!  On Tuesday we're visiting another one of Rose's brothers for chocolate ugali!  I got pretty excited when I heard it was chocolate, but then they all told me that it's only called 'chocolate ugali' because it's brown, and that it has absolutely no cocoa in it...bummer.  Wednesday is closing day at school, and we get to meet all the parents at school (and hopefully we'll even have some doctors or nurses giving a health and hygiene workshop)!

But next Thursday morning, bright and early, I'll be on a bus to somewhere unknown... Either Hell's Gate in Naivasha or Nairobi National Park.  Friday, I'm on a plane, and back in good ol' Montreal by Saturday afternoon!  Wowzers!

3 comments:

  1. hahaha nope, I'm still pretty darn white! But there is a noticeable difference, and I'm running out of sunscreen!!! I'll look like a tomato by the time I come home

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's almost time to come home

    ReplyDelete