Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Utalii [tourism]

Two internet modems, 35 students.  It's been quite a struggle.

Just checking in from Karatu, Tanzania!  We're near the Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, Olduvai Gorge... Pretty much the best fieldtrips on the trip so far! (I got to hold a mammoth femur that was 1.7 million years old!)

Driving to the Kilimanjaro area tomorrow -- not to climb it yet, but I hope it'll get us all excited for when we come back for the big hike in a few weeks!  Everything is going by so quickly; I cant believe there are only 12 days left until I'm no longer an undergrad!

Expect a more thorough entry when I get to Zanzibar in a week or so!  Kwaherini!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetie. So happy to see my new blog. Everyday I check to see if you are there. I love to read them. It is just like you are sitting beside me. Love you, Gramma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaay! I love when Gramcracker comments! :)

      Delete
  2. There was a deal for a vacation to climb Kilimanjaro in a couple weeks. I was considering it so we could climb together then Mom said no. What a monkey poop!

    ReplyDelete