Monday, April 29, 2013

sijekufahamu [I don't understand you]

Kenis:  Maria, what about your fears?
Me:  I have no fears. (Although this is a total lie...bees, ladybugs, buses tipping over, sharks, being unemployed forever alone with my arts degree, etc.)
Kenis:  Okay...
The next day:
Kenis:  Maria, but why don't you have any fears?
Me:  What is there to be afraid of?  Do you have any fears?
Kenis:  No, you see...me?  I have one wife. Tiba.
Me (laughing):  You're afraid of Tiba?  You fear your wife?
Kenis:  I have just one wife.  No fears, no girlfriend.  Why don't you have fears?
Me:  Wait a second...what do you mean by fears?
Kenis:  Fears....like boyfriends.
Me:  Um...Finacé?
Kenis:  Yes, Feans.
Me:  Fiancé!  Ahhhh, well that's a whole different conversation!

Yay miscommunications in Zanzibar!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Maria,

    I'm interested in volunteering with MYDO as well and was wondering if I could ask you some questions about the whole experience? You were one of the few blogs/people I could find online who has joined on with them. I'm located in Canada and it's going to cost me a small fortune to get myself to Zanzibar so I'm trying to do as much research as possible to avoid negative experiences.

    If you have anytime could you please connect with my by email: navjotsidhu088@gmail.com.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just sent you a message! Check your inbox! =]

      Delete
  2. Hi Sweetheart. I loved that blog!!! I called Pappy to see and he laughed too. Don,t worry about not having and fears because you are having too much fun now. Love you, Gram

    ReplyDelete