Friday, May 24, 2013

kobe [turtle]

It's been a while since I've checked in!  Now with just over a week left in Zanzibar, I've been doin my best to enjoy everything that the island has to offer.  Yesterday I treated myself to a nice long day on the beach.  Today, I went to Prison Island to hang with some giant tortoises.

We're talkin' GIANT tortoises.



This guy was 155 years old, but still young enough to catch a beer with his bros!



After taking one whole step, the guy above decided it was time to stretch out and take a nap.  Taking "polepole" to the extreme! 


Pretty nice, eh?  I could get used to island livin'! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sweetie, Wow!! I can't believe you touched that thing. I called Pap to see them. I am so excited that you will be home in a little over a week. I will call you over the weekend. Love you, Gram

    ReplyDelete